Print and Play (1)


I wanted to share with you the print and play (pnp) games that I recently made. 

1) Rusty Industry:


This game is coming to Kickstarter on 17th of April 2019, so the designer has been sharing the files to print and play, on social media. I was so impressed with the look of it and decided to try it out. It is a game of scoring victory points for trading goods with other players, making export crates using the engine building cards and fulfilling contracts. 

When I played the 4 player solo, I had a feeling that I was missing something somewhere and making some mistakes in the gameplay, so I approached the designer for a session on Tabletopia with 3 players (Daniel, Diana and I). It was way better, as there were some tweaks made already to the game, especially the rulebook and got some of the rules clarified from him. 


This pnp experience was inspired by a DIY video on Youtube that taught me to make a folding board that looks similar to the commercial game board. It came out really well and I am also planning to make a rollable game board for one of the games in the future. 


PNP Gallery:



2) Endangered:
This game is currently being funded on Kickstarter and they released a preview version of the game for the pnp fanatics. This game is about cooperatively saving some of the endangered species like tigers from becoming extinct. The game mostly felt like an abstract dice placement game, but I really enjoyed how it gives you an adventurous experience and the tension it maintains till the end. The basic tiger module had four characters to use, who will be facing the destruction of forests and a negative chain of events happening every round, besides working hard to get the influence of different UN ambassadors. 

I also heard that it was featured on one of the popular news channels which is a very good sign for the success of great games like this.


The pnp for this game will be my best one so far. I repurposed an old trivial pursuit game board, sleeved all the cards, laminated the small boards and used some nice wooden components to make it look even better. 


PNP Gallery:



3) Black Sonata:

Even though this game is already out in the market, I decided to try my skills to make my first game board (made a few weeks before the other games mentioned above) and everything enclosed in a wooden box. There is a deck of cards in this game which requires keyholes to find the missing Shakespeare's dark lady. Black Sonata is an interesting solo deduction game in which you chase the Dark lady to figure out the exact location following her hidden movements. 

I played it a few times now and my goodness gracious, it is a hard puzzle to solve. The build itself is so simple and I used a wooden Checkers set to make the box along with the wooden tokens that came with it.


PNP Gallery:





Comments